“Meet the Funder” event on Thursday 22/6/2017 organised by Croydon Voluntary Action.
Update from a range of funders and agencies that can help you to diversify your income streams.
Presentations from the day for:
- Big Lottery (Awards for All), Big Advice Line 0345 4 10 20 30 as first port of call for funding related questions, along with their weekly funding webinars.
Presentation slides: Big Lottery Fund (22 June 2017).pdf
- FareShare programme and Tesco Community, with Claire.Hoyland@fareshare.org.uk and Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org . Details of the Tesco community champions offering.
Presentation slides FareShare: Croydon Event Presentation on FareShare.pdf
Presentation slides Tesco: Tesco Community offering presentation June 2017.pdf
- GlobalGiving.com, Celeste (email@example.com)
Presentation slides: Global Giving presentation June 2017.pdf
- Croydon Council Community Fund Kevin.J.McKenna@croydon.gov.uk (please note Kevin is on holiday until beginning of August).
Presentation slides: Croydon Community Grants update June 2017.pdf
GlobalGiving.com is running a GlobalGiving’s Crowdfunding and Online Fundraising half day workshop in central London on the 12th July. It’s the next step on from the 40 minute taster last week and will help organisations:
– Understand how to benefit from crowdfunding and online fundraising
– Learn how to pitch a fundraising project for an online audience
– Identify who is in their crowd and how to utilise your network for crowdfunding
– Build your knowledge of digital communications for fundraising e.g. social media
Here is the link to the event if you are interested in attending https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/crowdfunding-and-online-fundraising-workshop-london-tickets-34577811164
The Big Lottery wants to let you all know that changes will be made to Awards for All guidance and application over the Summer – so please do go on the website before starting on any new application (but also don’t wait for changes but just to be aware to keep an eye on it!). Grants £300 – £10,000 are available.
Croydon Voluntary Action – promotes, supports and develops effective voluntary action, community development and community involvement for the benefit of the whole community within the London Borough of Croydon. As the key local umbrella infrastructure body serving all Croydon’s communities, we run a wide range of services for small groups, social enterprises, larger charities and volunteers at all stages of development. Grants of up to £5k are available.
Check on our website what we offer; whether it’s community networks, volunteering, latest news/news articles, or hiring space in one of our local community centres, we hope we will be able to help you deliver excellent services to our community.
Croydon Voluntary Action (CVA)
CVA Web: http://www.cvalive.org.uk
CVA Events Page and Courses: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/croydon-voluntary-action-7629687557
Croydon Community Ward Budgets
Southwark Community Action Networks (CANs)
These are developing in each part of this borough. There is a wealth of community activity going on already in every part of Southwark – but sometimes it is hard for people to find out what is on their doorstep or know how they can get involved. Southwark CANs will help you get the information and support that you need to get more involved in your local community.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
- If you have an idea for something you want to develop in your community;
- if you want to know more about issues, activities, groups and networks in your area; or
- if you are concerned about issues affecting your community;
- We want to work with TRAs, charities and community groups. If you want to find out more, or want us to deliver a workshop, please get in touch!