Each borough around Crystal Palace offers different support to help you be a local Street Champion, and help support your local area and community. Most councils will support you or local groups with litter pickers, bags, hoops, brooms, gloves etc. Plus local groups already have shared equipment to help. Street Champions can…
- Help create community gardens,
- Clearing rubbish out of alley ways, litter-picking
- Help build planters to prevent fly-tipping, greening local streets
- Help organise community clean-ups and litter picks.
- Help elderly neighbours tidy their front garden
- Cutting back overgrown hedges
- Do snow patrols to grit local paths
Local groups supporting street champions and greening projects…
- Crystal Palace Transition Town
- Friends of Westow Park
- Friends of Crystal Palace Park
- Penge Green Gym
- Friends of Gipsy Hill
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your group also organisers litter picking!
Be a “Street Champion” in Lambeth. Very successful program supported by dedicated Veola team, including help building street planters and resolving long term issues with fly tipping.
- Lambeth Street Champions (Council web page) and contact email@example.com
- Facebook Group – Lambeth Street Champions (discuss group for volunteers)
- Become a Lambeth snow warden
- Lambeth Winter gritting – guide (local map)
Be a “Clean & Green Street Champion” in Croydon. Provides help with litter picking and equipment.
- Croydon Street Champions (Council web page) and contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Croydon Winter gritting (local map)
Be a “Street Friend” in Bromley.
- Bromley Street Friends (Council web page) and contacts for
- BIG Bromley Brush Up 2018 – Register your interest
- Bromley gritting routes, salt bin locations and our winter service.
In 2018, Lewisham requested residents who are interested in becoming ‘street champions’ and help their neighbours to create a cleaner and greener street to live in.
- Lewisham Street Champions (Council web page) and contact: Beth.email@example.com or Kate.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lewisham Winter gritting (and local map).
No “Street Champion” programme. Funds annual community projects (that could support local community projects)
- Make a street cleaning request
- Want to Volunteer in Southwark?
- Southark Winter gritting (and local map)
- About Cleaner Greener Safer
Any questions or suggestions? Contact cpneighbours on email@example.com