Thames Water agrees, Crystal Palace & Upper Norwood has “above average levels of burst frequency when compared with other areas of South London”, as well as having many issues from low pressure, and times of no water. This is partly from our historic old pipe work, limited pipe replacement planning, but also as we have TWO huge water reservoirs located up here (serving huge parts of South London) and with extremely complex local pumping demands.
WATER PROBLEMS IN YOUR AREA
Remember to zoom into the map to see all the pins. Check the red header bar for multiple messages, and for updates . For major bursts, or no water, or low water periods, then street standpipes and/or bottled water suppliers may be provided. You MUST check for updates to see the locations of emergency local water supplies using the post code checker, or Thames Water via facebook or Twitter.
Thames Water also offers Extra Care Services free services for customers who require additional assistance, including delivering water (click here for guide). Contact: 0800 009 3652 . But, lines are only open from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday). Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
More info on Thames Water click here Priority Services guidance.
REPORTING LEAKS / WATER PROBLEMS
Your can report a range of problems to Thames Water. Eg. A leak or burst pipe. An issue at one of our sites such an alarm, an accident, or an intruder. Noisy or missing manhole covers. Click to…
- Report a Problem
- Report a leak – (steps to follow)
- Report a leak – via facebook (and for checking updates)
- Report a leak – via Twitter** (and managing leakage)
- Report a leak – via 24 hour Leakline on 0800 714 614
Responsibility for water pipes – When your water supply has a leak guidance from Thames Water here.
KNOW YOUR WATER RIGHTS
- Interruptions to your water supply
- Low pressure
Contact listings at Thames Water click here:
(includes other useful contacts). Contact via email email@example.com
Click this line Thames Water: Business loss of profits policy statement
To make your claim you will need to complete a loss of business profits claim form Loss of business claim form (0.25MB). The claim form asks for:
- Your business details;
- Information on the nature of the works (including plans and photographs);
- How it has impacted your business (e.g. traffic restrictions, environmental impact); and
- Financial information covering the previous two years (turnover, profit and loss accounts, VAT returns and registration certificate).
Also, there are many local Cllrs and local MPs in regular contact with Thames Water around Crystal Palace.
Find your local Crystal Palace area elected representative by clicking the map, or here.
- Local Authorities generally manage drains (e.g clearing of leaves and debris at the drain).
- Thames Water manage sewer issues (ie below the ground issues with the working of the sewer)
Any questions or suggestions? Contact cpneighbours on firstname.lastname@example.org